Wednesday 28 October 2015

[NEWS] My top 5 new dramas (November Edition)

 My Top 5 New dramas (November Edition)


Yeah...I'll remember this month as a not quite as exciting as the previous months
month, also the V for Vendetta mask creeps me out. Perfect for Halloween, don't you agree?  <_<



So yeah, like mentioned above, honestly this month kind of seems like a slow kdrama month for me. Of course there are a few titles I'm going to check out, but it's a lot less dramas that I'm very exicted about compared to let's say the two previous months where I basically fangirled over every single one of the dramas on my list. But hey, not every month can be mindblowing, and this is just the synopsis, so perhaps I'll actually do enjoy quite a few of these when they start to air. But for now, judging just by the synopsis, I'm kind of meh about a few of them. Anyways, grumpy Mina aside, let's see what this month has to offer ~


5.                               Marry Me, Or Not? (2015, Taiwan)




Title: 必娶女人
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Episodes: 14
Broadcast period: Nov 1, 2015 to Jan 31, 2016

Roy Qiu be playing the role of a divorce lawyer who doesn't believe in love or marriage. Alice Ke will be playing a character who is described as a strong-willed modern woman who's ambitious in career and love.Joanne Tseng will be playing as Alice Ke’s friend and rival since their college days and is described to be willing to do anything in order to succeed. Huai Qiu will be playing as a playboy that breaks the hearts of many girls and is also the root cause of the fallout between Alice Ke and Joanne Tseng in their college days.

Sounds like a pretty typical romance comedy Gossip-Girl-ish style drama. But I did enjoy My Best Ex-boyfriend which also had a similar feel to it (judging by the synopsis) so perhaps this one will turn out to be quite okay as well.


4.                           Under the Black Moonlight (2015, South Korea)




Title: 검은 달빛 아래서/Geomeun Dalbich Araeseo
Genre: Drama, mystery, thriller
Episodes: 5
Broadcast period: Oct 30, 2015 to ?

Starring WINNER's Nam Tae Hyun (Girl of OAM) and Kim Soo Yeon (Real School) the drama will be a short drama special, and according to rumours, it'll be similar to White Christmas.

Nothing much has been revealed about the plot but if it's true that it'll be similar to White Christmas, then that's definitely a reason enough for me to check it out, if it's not....I don't know. I'm not a fan of the actors and we don't know anything about the plot so I don't have anything else to go on xD.


3.                             Oh My Venus (2015, South Korea)




Title: 오 마이 비너스
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 20
Broadcast period:  Nov 16, 2015 to Jan 19, 2016

Starring Shin Min Ah (Arang and the Magistrate), So Ji Sub (The Master's Sun), Yoo In Young (Mask) and Jung Kyu Woon (Birth of a Beauty, God's Gift - 14 Days) Oh My Venus is a funny romance comedy about Kim Young Ho who is a personal trainer for Hollywood stars. Even though he comes from a wealthy family background, he suffered a devastating injury during his childhood days. Now, he overcomes his problems with patience and stubbornness. Kang Joo Eun is a 33-years-old lawyer who has struggled a lot to support her family. Now, she's overweight and not so attractive.
These two had a connection when they were younger. Now as adults, they meet once again. They both go a diet, which leads to them becoming healthier and having a romantic relationship

Honestly speaking, I love Shin Min Ah, So Ji Sub and the rest of the cast, but this plot doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. I'll give it a try for the actors but that's it. Nothing more nothing less. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will actually turn out to be surpringly good, but yeah....meh.


2.                        Minami-Kun no Koibito: My Little Lover (2015, Japan)



Title:  南くんの恋人~ My Little Lover
Genre: Romance, Manga
Episodes: 10
Broadcast period: Nov 30, 2015 to Dec 31, 2015

Starring Nakagawa Taishi (Tsuugaku Series Tsuugaku Tochu), Yamamoto Maika (Sakura no Ame) and Suzuki Mirai (Meshibana Keiji Tachibana), the drama follows a guy named Susumu Minami who possesses good looks and does well academically in high school and Chiyomi Horikiri, who is a bright girl who likes dancing. They were childhood friends and also their first loves, but after Susumu Minami’s father disappeared they hardly talk. On a storming night, Chiyomi Horikiri has an argument with her parents over her future course and leaves home. While trying to avoid the rain, Chiyomi Horikiri wishes that she go back to her childhood. Suddenly, Chiyomi becomes 15 cm. tall. Susumu Minami happens to see tiny Chiyomi Horikiri. She tells him that she doesn't want anyone else to see her and Susumu Minami takes her his home.

This actually sounds pretty cute. I haven't heard of none of these actors before, but I do look forward to seeing them act in this one. I reminds me a bit of a manga I read a long time ago, called Midori Days, so I think I'll like this plot. We shall see, knowing japanese dramas, finding sub will be a pain <_< but yeah, if it does get subbed I will most definitely check this one out!


1.                         You Will Love Me (South Korea, 2015)

 

Title: 유일랍미
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: Oct 29, 2015 to ?

Starring Oh Chang Seok (Come, Jang Bo Ri!) and Lee Tae Im (My Heart Twinkle Twinkle), You Will Love Me is a romantic comedy drama about a drama writer wannabe Park Ji Ho, who acts as a man and becomes an expert in relationship advice and transforms loser Oh Geun Baek into a winner.

This. Now we're talking about originality. This is a fresh plot! A woman who, (pretending to be a man?) transforms the male lead from a loser into a winner. Hell yeah!
I've seen the concept be overused in dramas in the sense that a guy makes a "beauty make-over" on a female character from "ugly" to "beautiful" mostly for revenge purposes, so many times that I feel like I want to face-palm, but this is the first drama that I've personally seen the plot be about a woman making a "makeover" on a guy. This is totally my jam. I'm very exicted about this drama! The poster looks hilarious too! I really hope it won't disappoint >_<.


That's it for this month guys. Are you going to check out any of these dramas? Or are you going to watch a drama that wasn't on this list, if so which one? :D Post a comment below and let me know ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment