Sunday 23 August 2015

[NEWS] My top 5 new dramas (September Edition)

My Top 5 New Dramas (September Edition)


More like....EPIC DRAMAS ARE COMING BABY!!!! *_*



With summer slowly ending and with Autumn at our doorstep, a lot of people may start to feel a little bit gloomy, but with the long list of upcoming dramas, rest assure that you won't feel down for much longer ~
Personally, I think September looks like a very promising month in dramaland, with a wide range of genres.
Let me present to you my top 5 most aniticipated dramas for the month of September:


5.                                         I'M SORRY, I LOVE YOU (2015, Taiwan)

Title: 我的鬼基友/Wǒ de guǐ jī yǒu
Genre: Supernatural, romance, comedy
Episodes: 13
Broadcast period: August 29, 2015 - November 21, 2015

Starring Chang Bryant (True Love 365), Liu Jasper (When I See You Again), and Chen Andrea (Tiny Time, Heart Of Steel) this new drama will be about Han Si Yi (Chen Andrea) woman who tries to move on after her boyfriend Ling Hong Pei (Liu Jasper) passes away in a tragic car accident. Unable to move on to the "other side", Hong Pei lingers around his ex-girlfriend after becoming a ghost and tries to help her recover from her devastating loss. Chang Byrant will be playing Wang Shu Hai, a nerdy man who will try to help Han Si Yi find happiness again.


I'm not familiar with any of the actors in this drama, but I love romances revolving around ghosts. Despite the story being sad I think it'll have a lot of comedy. The poster looks kind of cute too. 

4.                                     The Merchant: Gaekju 2015 (2015, South Korea)


Title: 장사의 신-객주
Genre: Historical, Romance
Episodes: 36
Broadcast period: Sep 23, 2015 - Jan 21, 2015

Starring Jang Hyuk (Iris 2, Shine or go crazy), Han Chae Ah (Bridal Mask, You're the only one), Kim Min Jung (Gap Dong) and Yoo Oh Sung (SPY) KBS2's upcoming sageuk drama will about Cheon Bong Sam (Jang Hyuk) a man who comes from modest origins but after inheriting an unused inn turns himself into a wealthy and influential business man. Bong Sam is known to be tough and not to give in to threats or political influence. Jo So Sa (Han Chae Ah) is Bong Sam's love interest. Mae Wol (Kim Min Jung) is an ambitious woman who becomes ruthless for the love of a man. She becomes influential with Empress Myeongseong which affects Bong Sam's road to greatness.

I've liked Han Chae Ah since her role in Bridal Mask and I love sageuk's, so this one is a must-watch for me. The plot revolving around an inherited inn sounds kind of unique and I haven't seen the late part of the Joseon Era be portraited very often in Dramaland (I've only seen it in a movie called "The sword with no name") so I'm kind of hoping that we'll get a more in-depth view of the time and the Empress Myeongseong, because her life was pretty....interesting (not going to spoil for people who haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it though!)   

3.                        MY DAUGHTER, GEUM SA WOL (2015, South Korea)



Title: 내 딸, 금사월

Genre: Family, melodrama, romance
Episodes: 50
Broadcast period: Sep 5, 2015 - Feb 21, 2016

Starring Baek Jin Hee (Empress Ki, Pride & Prejudice), Yoon Hyun Min (Falling For Innocence), Park Se Young (School 2013) and Jun In Hwa (The King and I), the family drama will be about Geum Sa Weol (Baek Jin Hee) who is a cheerful, bright, and  genius architect. She's trying to reunite her family, since it was torn apart by hate and revenge.  Yoo Hyun Min will be playing the role of Kang Chan Bin, a second-generation chaebol and the director of a construction company.  He is attracted to Geum Sa Wol, who was born on the same day as him and so is fated to love him.

Now, Baek Jin Hee is one of my favorite korean actresses, so this is a must-watch for me. The plot sounds pretty decent. I haven't seen any family dramas this year so I look forward to checking out this one. As for Yoon Hyun Min, I'm super happy that he finally got a lead role. I enjoyed his bromance with Jung Kyung Ho in Cruel city, where he, despite playing a minor role, shun brighter than the sun. With that said, I can't wait to see how he'll portrait the role in this drama and I hope it'll once again be a memorable one!

2.                                       SHE WAS PRETTY (2015, South Korea)


Title: 그녀는 예뻤다
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: September 16, 2015 -

Starring Hwang Jung Eum (Kill Me Heal me, Secret, The Incarnation of Money), Park Seo Joon (Kill Me Heal Me, Witch's Romance), Choi Si Won (Skip Beat!, The King Of Dramas), Go Joon Hee (Crazy For You, Queen Of Ambition) and Park Yoo Hwan (Kpop: The Ultimate Audition) this romance drama will be about Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum), a was a beautiful young girl who's family goes bankrupt. Due to working many part time jobs and the inherited "ugly" gene, she sadly loses her beauty. Ji Sung Joon (Park Seo Joon) was a socially awkward nerd who was 10 cm shorter and 10 kg heavier as a teenager. As and adult Sung Joon looks like a model and becomes a copywriter for a magazine. What will happen when such different people met?  

I hope I wasn't the only one who let out a loud squeal of happiness and started to hyperventilate when I found out that the siblings from Kill Me, Heal Me would play the lead roles in a romance drama. The plot sounds super fun and fresh and Choi Si Won is in it too -cough- sexy abs -cough- so I really can't find a reason why someone wouldn't want to check this one out. I know I'm aniticipating it, A LOT.

1.                                                 D-DAY (2015, South Korea)



Title: 디데이

Genre: Medical, Disaster
Episodes: 20
Broadcast period: Sep 18, 2015 to Oct 31, 2015

Starring Kim Young Kwang (Pinnocchio, Plus Nine Boys), Jung So Min (Big Man, Playful Kiss), Ha Suk Jin (Legendary Witch, The Woman Who Married Three Times), Cha In Pyo (Endless Love), Kim Sang Ho (Doctor Stranger, City Hunter), Kim Jung Hwa (Dating Agency: Cyrano) and Lee Kyeong Yeong (Hidden Identity, Incomplete Life) this medical drama will be about the work of DMAT (disaster medical assistance team) as a natural disaster hits Seoul. Lee Hae Sung (Kim Young Kwang) is a general surgeon who works in a top cancer hospital, but is drawn to emergency care. Han Woo Jin (Ha Suk Jin) is Hae Sung's sunbae in general surgery. Jung Ddol Mi (Jung So Min) is an orthopedic surgeon with a lovable personality. Eun So Yul (Kim Jung Hwa) treats the victims of the disaster for psychological trauma.  Park Keon (Lee Kyeong Yeong) is the hospital director who specializes in neurosurgery.

But Mina, in your ABOUT ME page you said you didn't like medical dramas, how come....? Yes I did, however, this is Kdramaland's first disaster drama. I've just got to check it out! And look at that cast list! It's stellar! Despite being a medical, I've anticipated this drama basically since it got announce back in early 2015. This drama is among the ones I want to recap so even if it doesn't win in the poll (it's leading though) I will still recap and analyze it because i'm sure the plot will be very deep and awesome. Jung So Min, Kim Young Kwang, Lee Kyeong Yeong.....gosh I can't wait! September come quickly!!!

That's it for my top 5 list guys. What are your most anticipated dramas? Are they on this list? Feel free to leave a comment below and let me know ^^
Until next time ~     

4 comments:

  1. I sure am waiting for Kill Me,Heal Me fans to make their OTP real in drama videos using She was pretty footage of Oh Rion and Oh Rijin. Wait for it. It will happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I hope the characters will be interesting. I want to ship them again >_<

      Delete
  2. I haven't started D-day is it that good to be number 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kdramalands first natural disaster-focused drama and it's very high budget and well filmed, that's why I anticipated it a lot. Now that I'm watching it, I definitely still would keep it as nr 1 on that list. It is truly amazing! I love the characters, I've already fangirled like crazy about Lee Hae Sung in my recap-analysis posts, you can read them after every episode if you feel like it, join the discussion ~ xD the acting is flawless, I highly recommend it! ^^

      Delete