Friday 21 August 2015

HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY BLOG!




Hellu! I'm Mina, a 21 years old Asian drama fan from Sweden; nice to meet you all! -does a 90 degree bow-

As I spent hundred upon hundreds of hours in front of a small computer screen watching Asian dramas, this sudden idea hit me: what better way is there to spend a summer break than to watch even more dramas...but also blog about it? o_o I know, I'm a genius lolz.
So that's how this blog was created. No, actually, creating a blog about Asian dramas and movies has always been a dream of mine, but because of univesity and other every-day non-drama-related stuff I wasn't able to. But thank god those long and boring duties are gone, and now I can finally concentrate on the things that matter in life (of course it's dramas! All other comments are invalid <_<)  Fellow drama addicts you understand me right? Those of you who are new (welcome! :D) or those that aren't (yet) obsessed you can consider yourself lucky, but don't worry, you'll become addicted eventually.... it's unavoidable. How do I know this? Because I also started out like that once -looks at something in the far distance while dramatic music plays in the background- It was a warm summer night, the moon stood high up on the starry sky and... no actually it was a rainy february weekend  xD. My friend had nagged me into checking out this new korean drama that just started to air in early 2012 called "Shut Up Flower Boy Band". I wasn't at all interested in asian dramas, I had a very pessimistic view on them after I watched a video on youtube that explained asian dramas as "Cheesy love stories with a mix of sudden life threatening car-accidents, cancer, amnesia and other brain-affecting diseases that lead up to an ending where one of the main characters always dies". Now, I don't mind sad endings, but the way that youtuber explained it to me sounded just ridiculous; and for some reason, being the idiot I was back then, I completely believed him. I seriously can't even start to express my gratitude towards my friend, who literally glued me to the chair in front of the computer. I gave in and decided to check out one episode just to use it as a valid argument to shut her up. Now, considering that I'm writing all of this and my mydramalist shows over 300 completed dramas.....it's safe to say that that idea didn't work out as planned xD And I'm glad it didn't! In fact, I don't regret becoming a drama fan, not even for a single second! (Oh and that youtuber lied <_< Shut Up Flower Boy Band wasn't anything about cancer or amnesia) in fact, dramaland has so many genres to offer that it's really stupid to even try to describe them as just "asian dramas", but I'll get into that in another blogpost, since this one has already become longer than an average University essay xD.
What I want to say with all of this is that 2012 was a eye-opening moment for me. I know, that's quite a dramatic way of putting it, isn't it? But I can't help it! xD Dramas have taught me so much about culture, about love, about believing in yourself and about never giving up. I've laughed and I've cried watching them and I hope that, through this blog I'll be able to share the lovely world of Asian Dramas; not just Korean, but also Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanse and HK-dramas with you all.
(In the ABOUT ME page you'll find the full preview of all the topics I'll be writing about on this blog)

So make yourself comfy, grab some popcorn and enjoy as I walk down memory lane by recapping every single episode of the first drama I ever watched Shut Up Flower Boy Band :D

If anyone is interested, you can check out what other dramas and movies I'm currently watching at http://mydramalist.com/profile/MinaVIP
Also, feel free to leave comments and suggestions to what other dramas or movies I should recap or review. I'm open for every genre and every suggestion! So yeah ~ let's get started shall we? :3


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am glad that you started watching dramas!
    Me too!
    My story is really similar to yours as well. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, can't believe I almost missed out on this awesome hobby o_o
      Haha -high five- xD

      Delete