Wednesday 11 November 2015

[LET'S GET TO KNOW] Omodramaland's favorite bromances'

Let's talk Bromance


Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin from The Heirs

So I recently got a request to write a post of my favorite bromances in dramaland; and it sounds like an awesome idea! Only that....it's quite hard ._. there are just so many good bromances you guys! Dx But I'll do my best try to narrow it to just a couple of them that especially made me fangirl and cry my eyes out. 
First of all, if you're not familiar with the term, Bromance is developed from "brother" + "romance" and is used to describe two (or  sometimes more) male characters who have a very close bond, and who you ship, either as brothers or as lovers/boyfriends. It's also starting to be very popular in the West, so you'll see it more and more in all kinds of TV-shows and movies etc etc. I feel like kdramaland is especially good at making awesome bromances, and hint that something more than just friendship is going on -wink wink-, but depending on your point of views, you can decide if you want to see the hints as something romantic or just continue to ship it as a very close brotherly bond. There are really no set rules when it comes to what a bromance is, it's up to your imagination. I'd say that most dramas have some sort of bromance going on, but it varies in the sense that the bromance might be between supporting characters, or perhaps even two guys fighting over the same girl (which is the case between Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin in The Heirs) or the bromance could pretty much be the main focus of the entire drama, which can be seen in dramas such as School 2013 (between Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk). 

But yeah, in this post I'll talk about my favorite bromances. So without further ado, let's get started ~  
(these are in no particular order because it was already hard enough to just narrow it down so this post doesn't become essay long)





Kim Bum x Jo In Sung (That Winter The Wind Blows). Freaking bros before anything else. In a cruel world, they only trusted each other. Made me fangirl so damn much! Their bromance pretty much made the ending have even more of an impact than it would've had. Loved it! 






Talking about bros before anything. Jung Kyung Ho and Yoon Hyun Min from Cruel City. I just love how despite their differences, they became each other's moral and mental support. "Soo...Those streets… Let’s swallow them all" - Shi Hyun. Whenever I stumbled across a video or gif of these two, it still makes me fangirl even until this day!


Talking about sad and angsty bromances. This probably tops all the charts of angsty. Lee Kang To x Shunji alllll the way man ~ all the way. 
Joo Won's and Park Ki Woong's acting was just brilliant in Bridal Mask. This bromance made people laugh, it made people cry, it left such a big impact that they actually even DramaFever Best Bromance award for 2012! And despite everything that happened (and I didn't want to spoil too much for those of you who haven't seen this drama yet...go watch it!!!!) I decide to use this picture of the two. Because this is how we all probably want to remember them right? RIGHT? -cries her eyes out- 

Most recent bromance that got added to my favorite list is Ji Soo x Lee Won Gun from Sassy Go Go (aka Cheer Up!). I adored these two together! Who would've thought that the cute hamster genius A+ student and the cold pokerfaced bad-boy looking but sweet guy would make such a good bromance couple? ;_; Their friendship and loyalty was simply stunning! Without spoiling too much I really love how they managed to solve all the problems like mature guys. there are things that can be decided with being honest and open towards one another and not through fist-fights (Kim Tan and Young Do should learn from these two <_<) Anyhow, they totally made me feel all warm inside >_< and it's definitely a bromance that will have a very special place in my heart :3   


Nowadays, when people think about a bromance they probably think about these two guys. Kim Woo Bin's and Lee Jong Suk's characters from School 2013. They've kind of become a standard "everyone knows of and ships" bromance in the drama community and they totally deserve it! As I watched School 2013, i couldn't help but to get attached to them and their friendship. It was so deep and I think most people who've seen the drama can agree that it wouldn't have been the same without them. Hands down epic bromance right there! 




Most of you probably don't know who these two are, but I just had to mention them (and promote the epic drama at the same time haha). Sung Joon and Baek Sung Hyun from White Christmas. These two,....omg! Don't let the picture fool you into thinking that they're all best buddies. I honestly wanted to post a different one but I feel like anything else would be a spoiler X_X (and also because the drama is only 8 episodes long so every scene is pretty much a spoiler). But these two...!!!! I don't really know if it can be called a bromance because 99% of the time they pretty much indirectly wish the other one would just...die. They're both in the top rank at their school and constantly compete. Sung Joon plays the genius nr 1 student who lacks empathy due to his inhuman IQ-level. Baek Sung Hyun is the leader of the team and also strives to beat Sung Joon at any given moment, he's a sad person but hides behind a cheerful smile. The drama isn't even about these two, it's actually a lot deeper than that and it's a psychological thriller but I just wanted to get this some-what bromance out there. I think it's just interesting to see what happens when two people who pretty much hate each other are forced to cooperate in order to survive. That's all I can say without spoiling the plot, but yeah. Their "bromance" was very interesting!

and last but not least ~ these two smexy warriors.

One of them might look familiar...hm...yes it's Ji Chang Wook, THE Ji Chang Wook from Empress Ki and Healer, but this was back in 2011 before he got super popular (even though he was pretty famous back then as well). The bromance between him and Yoo Seung Ho (who was only 18 back then,....I know right???? O_O) in the kdrama Warrior Baek Dong Soo, is still, until this day, hands down one of my favorites. It is simply legendary! If you haven't seen this drama, do check it out! It is a bit draggy at some parts and the romance is meh, but it's totally worth it for some epic mindblowing angsty bromance! (that even the scriptwriter himself shipped. Nuff said. There were tons of hints. TONS! xD) Acting was flawless too, Hah, what does one expect from Yoo Seung Ho and Ji Chang Wook? They're epic <3

Hm...I feel like I've probably forgotten about a bromance or two...but what can I do? I can't write them all down and this post is already pretty long X_X. Anyways, I apologize if I didn't list your favorite bromances, remember that this is my list but feel free to post your own in a comment down below! I'd love to hear who you guys shipped in dramaland :D also, feel free to recommend me dramas with other great bromances, that's a sub-genre that is very close to my heart *_* 
Well then, I hope this request post was fun ^^ 
Until next time ~ 

10 comments:

  1. Keke :D super interesting article!!! Well done Mina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yessss! best post ever. =D
    I really loved the bromance in That's Okay It's Love! The way Lee Kwang Soo and Jo In Sung looked after each other was so beautiful and funny! Also, the boys of Coffee Prince. Can't forget them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There are so many awesome bromances out there! <3

      Delete
  3. soooo coool i love most of the list you have, i haven't watched all but very good list! I really really want to watch warrior Baek Dong Soo, i hope i can soon im really crazy about ji chang wook after healer!

    I also want to watch bridal mask and school 2013 my friends have been recommending those dramas for a while!! I love lee jung suk from Pinocchio and I hear your voice super awesome actor and very cute too haha and as for Joo Won oh my God hes like the best actor ive ever seen omg the way he acted in Good Doctor was AMAZING!!

    Kim Bum and Jo In Sung was amazing bromance loved it soooo much and they made me cryyyyy which doesn't always happen.

    Ji soo and Lee Won Gun ahhhh this one is recent so its still on my mind like crazy i love that bromance soooo much more than the main leads love line lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joo Won is amazing! :D You'll definitely love him in Bridal Mask, as that one was his break-through drama ^^
      You should definitely watch all those dramas! :D

      Delete
  4. Hey! It's Archania from MDL :)

    I mentioned to you that I wanted to comment, so here it goes :D
    I agree with all that you mentioned, but I haven't seen all of them (but most of them). Since I'm a sucker for a good bromance, I have to comment on this one.

    From your list, my favourites would be "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" and "Sassy Go Go", those were epic bromances. Maybe I'm biased though, because I loved both dramas very much.

    I would add:

    Yi San and Dae Soo from Yi San
    Nagakura Go and Harada Takumi from Battery (it's a pretty unknown drama, but I liked it a lot)
    The various bromances from Nirvana in Fire
    Go Seung Ji and Choi Won Il from Panda and Hedgehog
    Moon Jae Shin and Goo Yong Ha from Sungkyunkwan Scandal
    The Three Musketeers - yeah, all of them basically

    Those are just a few I liked, but there are so many great examples that it's hard to choose :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hii :D
      Woah I look forward to Yi San then! *_* I still haven't seen that drama, but if it has bromance I'm totally excited for it!
      I'll look up the rest too, I haven't seen Battery either. It's definitely hard to choose a favorite bromance, there are so many good ones out there >_< and I kind of want to add Moo Hyul x Lee Bang Won to this list now too haha perhaps I should make another bromance list next year and add up some more ships x'D

      Delete
    2. It has an awesome bromance :) ... it's a drama I dearly love, although many people don't, but I think it's underrated. To be honest, I was not very happy with the lead actress, but the male actors made up for that though :) ... you know the spy monk from 6FD? That actor plays a big role in Yi San and he was one of my favourite characters, he played a very intelligent guy. It has quite a number of episodes though, so you might want to be in the right mood for historical dramas (but since you like them, that's not a problem I guess^^)

      Yeah, you have to make another list next year and you totally should add Moo Hyul and Lee Bang Won, that's a given :)

      Delete
    3. Oh? That's so cool! I'm anticipating the moment when I draw Yi San from my lottery bowl then xP Yeah, a new list next year is a given indeed xP

      Delete