Monday 9 November 2015

Omodramaland's 'Can't Contain My Feels' - Corner... the 'too soon' sequel

Sassy Go Go episode 6 & 7



Yeah, I pretty much couldn't contain my feels and wait for the entire drama to end to write this. As soon as I finished episode 7 I just had to type it down. THEM FEELS YOU GUYS. THEM FEELS! 
So yeah, this post will contain MAJOR SPOILERS for episode 6 and 7. So if you haven't watched those yet, I suggest that you go do that and then come back here and fangirl/fanboy with me ~
So there will be spoilers from here on ~ read at own risk! 
Okay, let's get started shall we? ~

First of all let me just express how much I LOVE this drama X_X it's freaking amazeballs! Definitely the hidden jewel of this year! And I wouldn't consider myself an easy cry-er over happy moments? (Is that even a word? lolz) I mean I can get emotional and stuff but you'll rarely see him actually shred a waterfall of tears out of happiness. (Now sad scenes are an entire different topic). But that scene in episode 6 when Teacher Yang got fired and Yeon Doo and the others decided to add note messages in their cheerleading performance...oh god. I had a freaking waterfall running down my cheeks T_T Teacher Yang ~ gosh I love that character so much and that scene was so sweet and cute and sad and just...overload of feels T_T 
And then this scene as well, 


When they all stepped up for one another and went up against the principal. HAH! In your face lady! That felt so damn good! *_*
Justice will prevail and I love how the pricipal finally got to taste her own medicine for once. You don't mess with a good teacher! You just don't <_< 
I also really liked how the two girls admitted that they lied. I mean, sure you're a bitch at first but at least it's better to be a liar and admit your mistake than to be stubborn until the end and die that way. People will forget but you won't. You'll never be able to forgive yourself and deep down it'll forever haunt you. Yes I'm looking at you Soo Ah <_< seriously, I've kind of reached this point where I honestly don't know if I want to feel sorry for her or just slap her across the face. I understand that she's doing all of this because she's pressured by society and her mom, but seriously....she's not the only one! I honestly think that if she was a tiny bit stronger mentally she would've been able to at least stay a decent person. I don't see every student in Korea go around and ruin other people's lives. There is a line one should not cross...and sadly it seems like Sassy Go Go is kind of playing with that "line" and I both love and hate to love. 
I love it because it's intense and it makes you feel all sorts of emotions that add up to some amazing plottwists and plot development, but I also hate to love it because it tortures my lovely characters that I got so emotionally attached to and just...gaaaah! When Soo Ah stole the USB I was like: yeah whatever, she'll use a dirty trick to get a full score and then press it into Kim Yeol's face...whatever <_< but when she actually got the freaking brainless evil idea to frame him! GOSH x_x seriously this little....!!!
I bet she didn't even think her idea had a perfect timing. It all fell into place, you can almost call it fate. She had the devils luck. Literally, the devils luck and I'm seriously kind of worried for her mental state. She's definitely going to go straight down a very dark path if she doesn't stop now. I kind of already believe that what she did to Kim Yeol is already a point of no return (because let's be honest guys, she'd rather cut off her own hands than admit her flaws -.-* (because pride is a bitch and she pretty much already considers herself the devils reincarnation so I doubt she'd do anything in her own favor as a psychology student I'd pretty much say she's swimming around very deeply in a pool of depression, guilt and self-hatred...just saying).

Anyways, episode 7 was a very wrecking episode to watch. I constantly felt slapped in the face by the unfair events that occured, however there were two moments that made me almost tear up again (yeah guys, the interval between happy-sad tears is small in this drama ;_; sob)
This freaking scene: 
    
The little cat phone-thingy! Yes! After everything that happened, Kim Yeol still kept it and without holding any grudges towards it (since tecnically he wouldn't have been in this mess if it weren't for the CCTV and the fact that he decided to go get Yeon Doo's phone etc etc) he gave it back to Yeon Doo. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean that he should be angry at Yeon Doo and blame her for what happened, obviously she's innocent. But the pendant is partly at fault and yet he chose to still see it as a symbole that represents something positive. Not for him, but for the girl he likes. In the end, he doesn't regret doing through all that trouble for her and that's something I find very touching and I can't think of any other moment that could've portrayed that bittersweet touchy moment any better. While his life is slowly crumbling down to pieces, he still stays true to his feeling towards Yeon Doo and cheers her on. 
Now I don't know if I actually ship these two romantically, I mean they're cute but yeah....I'd rather ship them as very good friends who cheer on each other and stand up for one another in this unjust world where very few adults can be trusted. Either way that scene was super cute and sad at the same time. However the scene that followed probably had the biggest impact on me thus far in the drama:
That peak of sincerity that was portrayed in this scene:


I couldn't have found the words to better describe that scene so I just screen-shot it. Those words are deep man! So so deep! In this school, in this country, that revolves around being the top, being the nr 1 where nothing else matters, Yeon Doo pretty much crushed the entire systeme by saying these words. While everyone see Kim Yeol has the nr. 1 student, they don't even call him by his name, basically his entire existence, his sole being is "nr. 1", if you take that away from him. He's nobody. No one gives 0 fucks about him, he's just there and he could pretty much disappear, no one would care. But those words that she says how no matter who he is, she would believe in him because he is Kim Yeol, the person...woah. I don't even know how to describe this feeling but it hit me hard. It had such sincerity and such power. I think this is pretty much the biggest compliment you can give someone who lives in a world like that. "I trust/love/care for you because you are you, not because you have a title or rank highest among 200 students" your worth isn't set by your grades, it's set by your personality as a human being. 
I think this plot really knows how to develop good plot twist and still stay true to the message of the drama "cheer up" to help heal one another, to cheer on one another, to start to trust one another. So far I have nothing but praise for this drama! Literally, it's a masterpiece!


That Ha Joon x Yeon Doo moment thou ~ so cute!
I literally I don't even care who ends up with who, I ship them all! xD
Okay, I think I've calmed down now. -takes a deep breath-
Until next time ~


No comments:

Post a Comment