Friday 18 March 2016

Omodramaland's 'Can't Contain The Feels' Corner - My Hopes/Expectations for 2016

If I had a say in dramaland 2016....




2016 has really started off with a boom, at least for me. I have so many dramas I want to watch I think I'll have to turn into a cat that has 9 lives just so I can end up finishing all of them X_x oh the life of a drama-fan is so hard D'x
But that aside, despite the fact that we've already gotten stellar casts in both airing and upcoming dramas, I decided that it'd be a fun to write about what actors and actresses I'd like to see do something in 2016 (especially since there are a handful of people that we haven't seen in A. VERY. LONG. TIME. -sigh- yes, I'm looking at you Yoon Eun Hye <_< I think it's time to get out of your cave now...no? Okay T_T). With that said, this is purely my own opinion, so the things I'll write below are in no way confirmed as real or based off of any kind of fact. I'm just playing around with the thought that "if I had a say in this, I'd make xxx return to dramaland in..." 
I guess this can be seen as a bit of a fan-casting too. Well, I hope you'll enjoy x'D





Yeah, skipping the obvious -> 
Some actors that I really want to make another drama in 2016 are: Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun, Jo In Sung and Jin Yi Han.
Okay, two are perhaps quite obvious, because we know that our soon-to-be 30-years old smexy oldies' have to go do the mandatory military service soon. Lee Min Ho, I'm pretty sure he's gotten an offer to play the main in an upcoming drama by the scriptwriter of "My love from another star", but until he actually accepts the role, nothing is 100% certain. Kim Soo Hyun, I wasn't a big fan of the producers, so I'd like to see him in another drama before he also has to leave. Not a movie, a drama. I'm sure he can squeeze in one at the second half of 2016. I'll have my fingers crossed that he is just waiting for the right role-offer. 
Jo In Sung...oh boy. Where are chu man? D'x <3 I miss you ;_; and I don't mean the It's okay, that's love - Jo In Sung, but the badass anti-hero Jo In Sung from That winter the wind blows. Yeah, another unpopular opinion I guess, but I did not like It's okay that's love xD. sorry. I hope this post doesn't give me a lot of anti-fans or hate o_o -shivers-
Anyhow, Jo In Sung needs to come back. Maybe I'm being impatient but a 2 years break is really a no-no in my dictionary. I'm not really counting cameo roles as real roles, even though they do get paid for it, but yeah....a proper 16-or-whatever eps main role in a drama please ~ preferably in a dark melodrama. I could see him be the main in Goodbye. Mr. Black, so something with a similar tone where the lead lady is Yoon Eun Hye? Pretty please? Or is that too much to ask for? I guess it is ._. 
Jin Yi Han is slaying that smexy historical warrior look <3
Same could be said about Jin Yi Han. The dude is insanely talented, so where is he? I miss him! X_X He skyrocked to fame in his role as Taltal in Empress Ki and after that he did 3 dramas one after the other and then...nothing. I want him to return in 2016, preferably in a romance comedy, or another historical. He pulls of comedy very well, and he has that facial look that really fits a royal guard in a palace drama *_* oh give me some more Taltal <3

When it comes to females, I really want Hong Soo Hyun to get another main role, also perferably in a historical drama, which shouldn't be a big problm since it seems like 2016 will be THE sageuk year xD, I dunno if you guys have noticed it but there are tons of sageuk dramas coming up! Not that I'm complaining, every year has its trends and this year it seems to be historicals on the roll <3 Honestly, I don't know if I've ever told you guys, but to me Hong Soo Hyun is one of the prettiest women I've ever seen. She just has that queen-aura, she is so badass and pretty. She was born to play in historicals so I can't wait to see her in another one *_* 

Baek Jin Hee also needs to do another role, I know, she just recently finished My Daughter Geum Sa Wol, but as I didn't watch it (I honestly couldn't get through the first 2 eps...x_x) I really want to see her in another drama soon. Jung So Min's career also skyrocked with D-Day, so it'd be nice to see her on the roll soon ~ perhaps in a detective-action thriller? I think she'd be able to pull off a badass police woman role. 
If we're talking about couples that I want to see in a drama together this year: hands down Annie Chen and George Hu. Seriously, this needs to happen. I need another drama with these two!
In kdramaland, hm...Jo In Sung and Yoon Eun Hye? But that's probably never going to happen T_T
I also kind of hope deep down in my heart that Yoo Ah In will pick up another drama before 2016 ends, but at the same time, I feel like he'll probably take a short break or pick up a movie instead (sigh). Six Flying Dragons has already, and will give him awards, and it's skyrocked his fame far enough so there is really no need for him to do another drama just to "not be forgotten" while in the military, but I can always hope right? xD
I can't believe I actually found a picture with the two of them
together. Question: how did the world not explode when they
where there at the same time? It's like....hotness overload
x100. How did the room handle it? x_x 

Ji Chang Wook and Joo Won need to head back to Kdramaland. I don't want to send them off to military this way! I know projects in China are paid more and it's still a drama and whatnot, but they take forever to get subbed and I'd prefer them to do dramas in Korea instead. Especially as their last projects before enlistment. Ji Chang Wook could pick up another historical drama. That would be a dream come true!
Last but not least ~ Yoo Seung Ho-baby who is no longer a baby, he's a MAN, I don't want to over-work the poor guy, and it hasn't even been 1 month since Remember ended, but I miss him already. Perhaps not anytime soon, but at the end of 2016, I hope he'll pick up another drama. Like right at the end, november-december-ish. 

That's it on my part guys. Do you agree? Disagree? What actors/actress do you want to see in a drama this year? Leave a comment below and let me know :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment