Saturday 12 March 2016

[NEWS] My Top 5 New Dramas (March Edition)

My top new dramas (March Edition)



A bit later than usual, but what can I say? Better later than never, right guys? x'D
Okay actually it doesn't really affect this month that much since most of the dramas I'm going to point out here haven't started to air yet (I guess I just got lucky there) haha xD Anyhow, let's see what our green month has to offer shall we?


5.                              My Little Baby (2016, South Korea)


Title: 마이 리틀 베이비
Genre: comedy, drama, romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: March 5th - April 23th

Starring Oh Ji Ho (Maids), 4MINUTE's Nam Ji Hyun, Kim Min Jae (Because it's the first time) and Lee Soo Kyung (Let's Eat) My Little baby is about Cha Jung-Han, a detective for a special investigation team. He is busy with investigating violent cases including drugs and gangs, but one day he takes in his niece Eun-Ae and struggles to raise her. Han Ye-Seul is a single mother who raises her 5-years-old son alone. She is Cha Jung-Han’s first love. What happens when they meet once again? - MDL

This sounds like it's going to be a super cute and funny drama. I can't say I'm a fan of any of these actors in particular, but the plot seems interesting and I love babies so ...yeah, I'll give this one a try. Especially since this month seems to be going for a more melodrama-action-suspense-supernatural vibe, I think this drama might be the perfect choice to kick in some comedy romance into the mix. I can't wait to see what kind of hilarious situations Cha Jung Han will end up in because of the baby x'D. 

4.                              Vampire Detective (2016, South Korea) 



Title: 뱀파이어 탐정/The Vampire
Genre: Action, supernatural, crime, investigation
Episodes: 12
Broadcast period: March 27th - June 12th


Starring Lee Joon (Heard It through the grapevine), Oh Jung Se (The Lover, Plus Nine Boys), Lee Se Young (Trot Lovers) and Lee Chung Ah (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop) Vampire Detective is the new OCN-drama about Private detective Yoon San who suddenly becomes a vampire. He solves various cases for his clients while also trying to uncover the mystery surrounding himself while maintaining his secret identity as he solves cases using his unique abilities.

This drama is a part of the Vampire Prosecutor series, however, if I've understood it correctly you don't have to have watched the other dramas in the series to understand this installment. I've seen vampire prosecutor 1 and I can't say I got super impressed by it. This however, seems to be more my jam. Perhaps it's because Lee Joon is playing the main character, I don't know, either way a vampire detective just appeals more to me than a vampire prosecutor xD I'll definitely be checking out this one! Oh and happy for Lee Chung Ah's grand return to main roles in dramaland, it feels like it's been ages! 

3.                                  Pied Piper (2016, South Korea)


Title: 피리부는 사나이
Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime, Drama
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: March 7th - April 26th

Starring Shin Ha Kyun (Mr. Baek), Jo Yoon Hee (The King's Face, Joseon Magician) and Yoo Joon Sang (Heard it through the grapevine) Pied Piper follows a police crisis negotiation team as they try to solve cases like attempted suicides, hostage and terror situations, without using force.

This gives me a City Hunter-Healer-ish vibe and I really enjoyed Shin Ha Kyun in Mr Baek where he was all goofy and all over the place, so It'll be interesting to see him take on a more serious role and kick ass. The rest of the cast looks pretty good too. Overall I think this is a drama worth checking out if you're craving action and suspense this month!  

2.                                 Jackpot (2016, South Korea)


Title: 대박/Daebak
Genre: historical, drama
Episodes: 24
Broadcast period: March 28th - June 14th

Starring Jang Geun Suk (You're Beautiful, Love Rain), Yeo Jin Goo (Orange Marmalade) and Im Ji Yeon (High Society) Jackpot is about a man named Baek Dae Gil who enters a match with King Yeong Jo. Baek Dae Gil bets his life and King Yeong Jo bets the entire Kingdom of Joseon on the outcome. Baek Dae Gil is the best gambler in the Joseon era. He holds deep resentment inside, but is also cool on the exterior. King Yeong Jo is a man who never lower his head without a convincing reason. Meanwhile, a woman named Dam Seo sole reason for living is to get her revenge on the king.

I have to be honest, this drama took me by surprise. First of all, Jang Geun Suk is finally back to dramaland, can't say I've missed him, since I'm not really a big fan of his, but it's nice to see an popular older actor back in action, and this time alongside Yeo Jin Goo? Whuut? I think that was what surprised me the most. I never imagined the two of them in a drama together, and then we got this xD. I'm actually more excited to see how the actors chemistry will be on the screen rather than the plot itself. Yeo Jin Goo has nailed pretty much every role he's gotten while Jang Geun Suk is a big hit or miss for me, so yeah. I'm excited to see the two of them clash on the screen. I'm also glad Im Ji Yeon is in a new project, I liked her in High Society and I think if Jackpot turns out good she has a very promising career ahead of her.

1.                        Goodbye Mr. Black (2016, South Korea) 


Title: 굿바이 미스터 블랙
Genre: Romance, melodrama, thriller
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: March 16th - May 5th 

Starring Moon Chae Won (Innocent Guy, Good Doctor), Lee Jin Wook (Nine: Nine Times Time Travel), Yoo In Young (Mask, Oh My Venus), Kim Kang Woo (Golden Cross, Missing Noir M) and Song Jae Rim (Surplus Princess) Goodbye Mr. Black is about Cha Ji Won, also known as Mr. Black, a UDT officer of the Navy Special Operations Force. He is positive and has personal charm, but he falls into a desperate situation due to a friend's betrayal. He goes through numerous life or death situations. He then enters into a fake marriage with a woman named Swan to hide his identity. Through her bright persona, he falls in love and regains his trust in other people.

THIS. This is the drama I've been anticipating since the beginning of time! I don't think you can even imagine hoe excited I am for this drama xD I'm hyperventilating right now as I'm writing this (I know, I'm weird x'D) Moon Chae Won is finally freaking back, YES! Lee Jin Wook looks smexy as fudge YES. Yoo In Young blew my mind last year with her role in Mask, YES! Song Jae Rim and Kim Kang Woo? Hm..don't know much about them tbh, but YES! 
Does the synopsis sound interesting? ...um.....so-so. I think this drama will be a lot better than what is written in the synopsis. If I'm wrong, I'll probably end up flipping tables, but let's think positively right? I anticipated D-Day like there was no tomorrow and that drama was amazeballs, I had a freaking countdown before Descendant of the Sun started to air and that drama is pretty darn good right now, so yeah. Goodbye Mr. Black will also most likely be good! One things for sure, I'm hyped for it and I hope you guys are too because I'll be fangirling about this all over MDL once it starts airing *_*!!!   

That's it for this month guys. Tons of action and suspense haha. What will you be checking out? Do you agree with my list? Leave as comment down below and let me know. I'll see you in the MDL-comment section of Goodbye Mr. Black ~ mwahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment