Sunday 24 January 2016

[NEWS] Dramaland News 16th-24th january

What's new in dramaland?


Seeing how a ton of information have come out in dramaland recently, I decided that, instead of doing everything separately I'll write down the biggest headlines in one blogpost and talk a little about each one of them.


On the 16th of january, Mainland China announced that they'd be doing a sequel to the very popular historical drama Legend of Zhen Huan 後宮甄嬛傳. The drama will be named  Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace <后宮如懿傳, It's based on the novel by author Liu Lianzi who also wrote the novel that was used for the adaption of Legend of Zhen Huan. The drama will be set during the Qing Dynasty and will tell the story of Lady Ulanara, who was originally a concubine of the Qianlong Emperor, but who eventually got promoted to Empress after the death of his first empress. Besides Zhou Xun, who will be playing Empress Ulanara, the cast-list is still up in the air. 
I've seen Legend of Zhen Huan, so I think it'll be interesting to see a sequel, and find out about this Lady Ulanara, I've seen a few chinese historicals and one thing I can say is that it seems like China knows what they're doing when it comes to historicals, With that said, I'm anticipating more information about this drama xP
Source: Jaynestars



Another big headline was that Lee Min Ho got an offer to star in the new romance comedy drama, written by the the author of My love from Another Star. YES. IT ALREADY SOUNDS AMAZING. To make it even better, the guy who made City Hunter will direct the drama. YES. DOUBLE COMBO! Not much is known about the plot, and it seems like this drama won't air before summer, so we still have time to find out about all the juicy details, but this is definitely to be considered a good start. I hope Lee Min Ho accepts the offer. Honestly, it would be dumb not to, but yeah. He needs to do another drama before his army enlistment! That's all I'm saying.
Source: Dramafever

-Drools- how can SIG be so good looking? It's a freaking crime! Dx
Last but not least, Seo In Guk and Girls Generation's Soo Young got cast for OCN's upcoming comedy police-detective drama titled 38 Police Squad. The drama will be about 'the joining of Seoul City Hall's special task force and con artists. They will use their skills of deception in order to catch cheating taxpayers' of their delinquent taxes'. Hm, personally, the story sounds kind of meh, but if Seo In Guk is in it...I guess I'll have to check it out (lolz). I do hope he accepts the role, espeically since he is also due to enlist this year -sob- and I like Soo Young, I've seen her act before and I can actually see the two of them play alongside each other. I'm curious to see who else they'll cast, so I'll definitely update this as more information comes out xP
Source: Allkpop

Are you guys excited for any of these dramas, or perhaps all three of them? xP Leave a comment down below and let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment